We are a mission outreach to the isolated and impoverished people of the Okavango Delta in Botswana, Africa.
We are a mission outreach to the isolated and impoverished people of the Okavango Delta in Botswana, Africa. In the village Ngarange, many children and women suffer from neglect, abuse and extreme hunger. Living conditions are difficult with very limited health care and food is scarce. Large families live together in mud huts with dirt floors, no electricity or running water. Botswana has the 3rd highest rate of HIV / Aids in the world and this area of the country has the greatest need for assistance. ADORE’s mission is to meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of this isolated minority group of people, with a special focus on helping children. Listed below are some of the ways ADORE is making a difference!
Ways the Children’s Needs are Being Met
- providing porridge for breakfast and lunch each day ( this may be their only meal that day )
- providing special substantial meals once a week and on special occasions
- providing shoes and clothing
- leading the children in singing and physical activities
- Teaching English and Setswana in preparation for formal schooling
- teaching social skills ( manners, moral building, etc. )
- providing much needed nurturing in the form of love, hugs, prayers and tender care
Ways the Community’s Needs are Being Met
- visiting and assessing the needs of families in the village
- providing care for the disabled, sick and elderly
- teaching and supporting self-sustainable skills such as brick making, sewing, basketry and gardening
- providing empowerment workshops for all ages
Ways ADORE Wants to Expand
- provide a substantial meal each day in addition to the porridge
- provide the same programs and assistance in nearby villages ( already underway in the neighbouring village Mokgacha )
Ways You Can Help ADORE Little Children Botswana
- giving monthly or one time donations to assist in supporting all of the community needs
- praying for the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the community
- sharing with others about the ADORE mission
Read our latest newsletter here.